Rice Cake with Almond Butter can be a part of a healthy diet. It is very easy to make and contains high amounts of carbohydrate, protein and healthy fats. Rice cake with almond butter can be your choice if you are trying to lose weight or gain muscles. Today we will discuss a simple and easy recipe and the benefits of rice cake with almond butter.
Rice Cake With Almond Butter
- 2 piece Rice cakes whole grain brown rice cake
- 1 tbsp Almond butter
- Take a piece of rice cake and apply one tbsp of almond butter spread on it.
Fats 9.5 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Protein 5 g
Benefits Of Rice Cake With Almond Butter
- Rice cakes contain very few calories and are a good source of carbohydrate. If you like dry and crisp food then rice cakes should be added in your diet. There are a variety of ways how you can consume rice cakes.
- Almond butter is one of the healthiest butter out there. It can be compared to peanut butter as well. If you look at the nutrition profile of almond butter you can see that it contains a high amount of healthy fats particularly monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. Along with that, it contains almost 3.5 grams of protein in 1 tablespoon.
- Combining rice cakes with almond butter gives you a healthy snack option. This is because the macros are quite balanced in this snack. If you want to increase the calories you are free to add more toppings like banana to add some more carbs or whey protein to increase the protein content.
- This snack is easy to carry and can be consumed on the go. Moreover, it is very easy and quick to make as you just need to spread the butter over a piece of rice cake and that’s it.
- Looking at the flexibility of this snack you can consume this snack at any time of the day. Some people may like to consume it before bed because it contains a good amount of healthy fat which may slow down the digestion process and aid in recovery overnight. Rice cake with almond butter can be your best option even in terms of taste.
You can also consume it post-workout because a good amount of carbs and protein with some amount of fat can feed your body after a good exercise session.
You may also want to consume it in breakfast which is is again an ideal option.
The additional benefit of this snake is that you are combining healthy fats and simple carbs the snack will take some time to digest and give you a feeling of satiety.
Some Tips to Buy Healthy Rice Cake with Almond Butter
- While purchasing rice cakes you might want to stick to whole grain brown rice cakes. This ensures that you get not only simple carbs but a good amount of complex carbs in your diet with some fiber as well. We cannot argue about the benefits of whole-grain and fiber-rich food products which are nutritionally dense.
- While purchasing almond butter you should look out for some pointers on the jar. The first term should look out for is added sugar and ensure that your almond butter should not contain added sugar. Secondly, look out for Salt or sodium amount which should again be very low as some brand add salt to their products to give it a favor.
- You should also look out for added hydrogenated oils and stay away from such brands because you need natural stuff preferably organic.
We hope that this article have you a deep info on the ingredients and benefits of the snack: Rice cake with almond butter. Comment below to share your thoughts.